Hey SerialWalkers !
Sorry ! It has been a while !!
Well, I am moving to Mexico for a while, then coming back to France, then Taiwan, launching my own company, and have a few more projects on my plate … All of this needs time, and preparations, and my inner German is tired !
I come to write this lovely morning with …a list !
My pride has been a struggle. Sometimes I wanted to queen out, but take pride in being anything but a cliché. Thanks to media representation, I know now that I can be whoever I am !
Seeing all the Christmas movies coming out already for the great expectations of some, I want to propose a list of my favorite queer movies !
Not just straight white people having issue with their turkey and the size of the tree, but LTBGQIA + related movies to improve representation in the medias ! Yay for Hallmark !
These are troubling times. The need for representation is essential.
Representation in the media for the LGBTQIA+ community is the basis of democratizing moving norms, and fulfils the need for self-identification.
You can’t be what you can’t see they see !
Here’s my list of Bad-ass queer Movies !
- Geography Club (US, 2013)
- Call Me by your name (Italie, Brazil, France, US, 2017)
- Alata (Isreal, Palestine, US, 2012)
- Mi major Amigo (Argentina, 2019
- Hidden Kisses (France, 2016)
- Le Clan (France, 2004)
- Mariposas Verdes (2017, Colombia)
- Hazlo como hombre (Mexico, Chile, 2017)
- No es Berlin (Mexico, 2019)
- Love, Simon (US, 2018)
- The Thing about Harry (US, 2020)
- Time out (India, 2015)
- Moonlight (US, 2016)
- The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros (2005, Philippines)
- Fronteras (Spain, 2014)
- Carol (UK, US, 2015)
- Nate and Margaret (US, 2012)
- Paris is Burning (US, 1991)
- 120 Battements par minute (France, 2017)
- Happy Together (Hong Kong ,1997)
And a special thanks to Akron !
You should soon be updated on the release next week of the new article about my Mexican journey and how it changed my life !
Don’t forget to check My Top 10 of LGBTQIA + Characters in dramatic series, like, comment and share !
For more questions or question suggestions, contact me !